Best Fence Staining Companies Nearby
Looking for fence staining companies who know how to stain fences the right way? Complete this short survey and we will connect you with up to 4 fence staining companies in your area for a free estimate.
Fence staining done right
I'm sure you've seen the fence that's all rotted or flaking practically all the paint. Right?
That's because staining a fence is bit more difficult than most people think and the products on the market aren't that great.
Here are a few tips to make sure you're fence staining project is a success:
- Avoid using a solid stain: solid stain's are like a paint (you would better off using a paint) and after using 20+ products, mostly all the solid stain products tend to chip or flake after a very short time. The other downside to using a solid stain is once you use it, it's difficult to go back to a semi-transparent or transparent stain.
- Stay away from Sherwin products: for interior and exterior paint, Sherwin Williams products are great. When it comes to deck and fence staining, however; we had nothing but problems. For stain we would recommend using Behr Waterproof Stain and Sealer as this product tends to hold up quite well and can be found at any Home Depot store.
- Hire a professional or DIY: depending on the level of prep that is needed stain your fence, you may either way to do the work yourself or hire a professional. Most fence staining projects are pretty straightforward so if you have the time, you can save quite a bit of money.
How much does it cost to stain a fence?
The cost of staining or painting a fence varies quite a bit depending on the level of prep-work required.
That said, here is what you can expect to pay for materials and labor for the 2 most popular type of fences:
- Standard privacy fence (6ft high - most common): $5 - $8 per linear foot
- Split rail fence (3-4 ft high): $3 - $6 per linear foot
Prices can vary significantly if you need a lot more prepwork (used to be solid or painted and now want stained) or want to use an oil-based stain (can't use a sprayer) instead of the water based.
Need help find a fence staining company you can rely on? Find top-rated fence staining companies nearby just by starting a project and submitting a request.